top of page
  • Writer's pictureUnion Law Group

The K Visa: A Benefit of U.S. Citizens

The Constitution and laws of the United States give certain rights to both United States citizens and persons residing in the United States who are not citizens. However, only United States citizens have the right, for example, to vote, be eligible for certain federal jobs, or petition their partner, without marrying, to immigrate to the United States.

The K visa is a visa granted to the fiancée of a United States citizen. The K-1 visa allows a foreigner to travel to the United States and marry his or her partner in the United States within the first 90 days of arriving in the United States.

The foreigner would later apply for his residence (green card). If the foreigner already has children, his minor children can immigrate together with their father through the K-2 visa.

If you want to make an appointment, call our phones:

US: (619) 662-2170 or MX: (664) 622-5442


bottom of page