top of page
  • Writer's pictureUnion Law Group

How to obtain legal residence for my parents

To bring your parents (father or mother) to live in the United States as a permanent resident (Green Card holder) you must be a US citizen and at least 21 years old. Permanent residents do not have the benefit of petitioning their parents.

Parents are considered immediate relatives, which means that they will not be subject to the availability of a number of visas. In other words, the process to become permanent residents will only take as long as it takes for the federal agency to review the case.

Each case is different, but the following information is required for any type of case:

Evidence that shows the relationship between daughter (or) and father:

1. Petitioner's birth certificate

2. Father's birth certificate

3. Marriage certificate of your parents

Depending on the immigration history, the beneficiaries, in this case father or mother, may adjust their status within the United States or will have to go through a consular process outside the United States. Both processes would grant permanent residence to their parents.

If you want to make an appointment, call our phones:

US: (619) 662-2170 or MX: (664) 622-5442


bottom of page