top of page
  • Writer's pictureUnion Law Group

Family member in the military?

The United States government recognizes the important sacrifices that members of the Armed Forces, veterans, new recruits, and their families make. In order to support these people, the government provides discretionary options such as parole-in-place or deferred action, which are determined on a case-by-case basis.

Parole in Place

The United States government may grant, on a case-by-case basis, a temporary stay in the country (parole in place) for urgent humanitarian reasons or of significant public benefit. You may be eligible for a temporary stay in the country in one-year increments if you are the spouse, widower, father / mother or child of:

An active duty member of the United States Armed Forces

A member of the Selected Force of the Armed Forces Reserve, or

· A person (living or deceased) who previously served on active duty in the Selected Reserve Force and was not dishonorably discharged.

This program alone does not grant any immigration status, but it can serve as a ladder to obtaining immigration status. Consult your attorney if you have a family member who is in the United States military.

If you want to make an appointment, dial our phones: US: (619) 662-2170 or MX: (664) 622-5442


bottom of page