top of page
  • Writer's pictureUnion Law Group

Citizenship at 3 years

If you are a permanent resident, the next step is to apply for your citizenship.

  • You can apply after 5 years of being a permanent resident.

  • If you emigrated through your spouse, you can apply after 3 years.

Naturalization is the process by which US citizenship is granted to a foreign citizen after he or she has met the requirements established by the United States Congress in the Immigration and Nationality Act.

If you emigrated through your spouse and have decided to apply for citizenship, we list some of the requirements:

✅ Be at least 18 years old.

✅ Have lived in a marital union with your US citizen spouse for 3 years and have resided in the United States.

✅ Be physically present in the United States for at least 18 months out of the three years.

✅ Be able to read, write and speak English; and learn about the history of the United States.

✅ Be a person of good moral character.

Join the Latino community movement! If you are a resident, #Become a Citizen.

As an American citizen, you have many benefits:

  • Vote

  • Have a United States passport

  • Emigrate to a close family (spouse, children, parents and siblings) *

  • A citizen can live outside the United States, if he wishes.

  • No need to renew immigration status

  • Citizenship cannot be revoked *

  • Request financial help from the government

At Abogados Unión we can advise you from start to finish.

We invite you to schedule an appointment

Call us at +52 664-622-5442 and + 1 619-662-2170

Write to us at


bottom of page