top of page
  • Writer's pictureUnion Law Group


Updated: Nov 14, 2023

VAWA (Violence Against Women Act) is a program that provides assistance to victims of domestic violence, and is designed for individuals who wish to become lawful permanent residents under VAWA.

Who is eligible to immigrate under VAWA?

✅ Any husband or wife who has suffered abuse or mistreatment by his or her citizen or permanent resident spouse.

✅ Parents who have been abused by their citizen son or daughter.

✅ Children under age 21 who are not married, and who have been mistreated or abused by their citizen or permanent resident parent.

Requirements to apply for VAWA:

1️⃣ There must be a legal relationship, meaning the applicants must be civilly married.

2️⃣ Domestic violence must have occurred within the United States. Individuals who have left the country may apply, as long as they can show that the domestic violence occurred within the United States, supported by evidence.

3️⃣ The legal relationship must continue or, if the relationship has already ended, the petition must be filed within two years of the termination of the relationship, either by divorce or by the death of the citizen or resident spouse.

At Union Law Group, our commitment is to be by your side through every step of the VAWA process.

At our immigration law firm we can provide you with the assistance you need. Our immigration lawyers in San Diego and Tijuana are prepared to assist you in your quest to legalize your status in the United States.

Remember that each immigration case is unique, and our immigration lawyers are trained to evaluate your individual situation and provide you with the appropriate guidance. Do not hesitate to contact immigration lawyers near you to get the legal assistance you require.

How can I find the best immigration lawyers near me?

Contact us at +1 619-662-2170 or +52 664 622 5442

Email us at or send us a message on our social networks.


bottom of page