What to do if I get arrested by immigration agents?
- Do not open your home door if immigration agents come knocking. Immigration agents must have a warrant to enter your home, which must be signed by a judge.
- If you are stopped, inform the officer that you want to remain silent. They cannot force you to speak.
- Ask to speak with an attorney.
- Do not sign any documents even if they tell you that you must sign.
- Record and write everything that happened: name of the officers, badge identification number, take photos, and record, if possible.
- If you have an ongoing immigration case, carry with you copies of your receipts.
IF you would like to make an appointment please contact us at 619-662-2170